Monday, March 22, 2010

Healthcare, Healthcare, Healthcare....

STARTS AT HOME!

I just hacked into my husbands Facebook to read some of the "comments" and was a bit disturbed to find a VERY overweight friend of ours say something along the lines of "well, I am without insurance, so if this helps with a reasonably priced insurance than I agree." Not to mention, he is "struggling" to find a full time job in the computer tech world.

Ok. People wake up. get off your dang computers and go exercise. You are responsible for your own health starting at home. Clean out the pantry. Clean out the fridge. Get rid of the sugar, snacks, sweets, and soda - ITS KILLING YOU. Get up, get an extra job - you will stay busier and more active - lose weight and add some jingle in your pocket. EXERCISE.

Anyone hear the recent news about today's kids? This is PROFOUND. "Today's generation of kids are expected to die before their parents - it is the first time ever this has ever been said." HELLO!!!!!! Can we say French fries and Mt. Dew for school lunches....get home and go to the freezer for some pizza bites? Come on America - if you want to save health care and the cost that goes into it...work on SAVING OUR SICK KIDS and yourself! I know Mrs. President is working on it, but seriously, going take more than a pretty face.

Americans need a clue what they are putting IN their mouths vs. what is coming out. Get off your Facebook and go research fresh food - put a carrot in your mouth! Educate. Exercise. Get up and MOVE. Do something good for your body so you don't have to go to the doctor because you are HEALTHY. Drink some water for heaven's sake!
THAT IS HEALTH CARE REFORM.
Deeply passionate - with all the reasons to be,
Jill

PS - just want everyone to know something my new OB told me on my first visit to him during this pregnancy. After discussing all the trouble I had over the years and the early introduction to menopause, I shared with him my recent 40 pound weight loss and switch to natural eating. His comment.... "Good for you, I love hearing that. We will never know for sure, but I am banking 99% of the reason you were all the sudden able to get pregnant naturally was due to the weight loss. Women come in here all the time wanting me to help them get pregnant - they want a "pill"...I tell them over and over, lose some weight, especially the belly fat. Belly fat is very dangerous for women in many ways, but one way is that is contains a large amount of bad estrogen (cancer causing to be exact)....this estrogen preforms as a birth control in women, keeping them from conceiving a lot."
My point.....I agree whole-heatedly. Losing 40 pounds and cleaning out my body not only did great things for me, but friends it brought LIFE into this world. Life. LIFE. We had previously lost two lives prior to this, and for that I am so devastated. Life. A life that I currently feel kicking me and in July I get to let its Daddy, sister and grandparents hug it.

I think I can justifiably say my health care reform is working.....no help from the government. (and as my brother would say - the same government that for over 200 years can't even seem to make the simple postal system run on the positive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment