Monday, April 12, 2010

And the preacher speaks.

In our church hopping days, this Sunday was "ok", however one point in the sermon did stick with me.
"Do not expect circumstantial changes as a Christian." This was proceeded with the explanation on how many times we ask Jesus to "help fix our circumstances" in life. Should we really expect or even dare ask Jesus to help us fix the problem? Further explained that we should take a hard core look in the mirror and take the energy to prevent the circumstances from accruing. Jesus doesn't work for us, we should work for Jesus......don't count on Jesus, He is counting on you!

Ok - so paraphrased a bit to shorten the point....and obviously can relate to the prevention of many of life's encounters.
For me - I see myself in that picture. Two years ago, I was desperately seeking Jesus to "fix me". It wasn't until this past year that the "look in the mirror" let me take the step to do something for myself. Today I can see my efforts have 100 times over paid off.
And in the end, I know without a doubt, that Jesus was coaching all the while.

Could there be some encouragement to know that we have the chioce - instead of praying for the health issues after we get them, but rather do the steps to prevent them from occuring.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strenth.

No comments:

Post a Comment