Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Save some money and try something new....

No secret my feelings on organic milk....I have made a vow to my family to not let conventional milk in our fridge as long as I can prevent it. Also no secret organic milk is quite a bit more expensive. This is where as a family we have made the choice to give up other processed food items and rather use the money towards something we strongly believe will help our health.

Annnnnyhow, as I checked out of Kroger the other week, I was checking out the printed out coupons that came with my receipt. There was a FREE 1/2 gallon of Almond Milk. Cool. I love free. So I tried it. Here is what I found out.....

Two kinds, regular and vanilla. I got vanilla. Taste was very sweet, somewhat different than milk, so would not just want to drink it alone in a glass - BUT we LOVE LOVE it on our cereal or in our smoothies! It is very low in calories, just as much calcium and vit. D as milk, plus it has NO saturated fat, NO cholesterol and NO lactose or soy. It really agrees with my body!

So in the end the price of this Pure Almond Milk (which by the way is loaded with antioxidants) is cheaper than organic regular milk....so my thought - buy this to use on cereal and smoothies, and just buy the organic milk to use as drinking. Every little cut in change makes a difference in our monthly envelopes - hope this can help you.
Plus it sounds pretty nutritious!
Jill

CA Baby girl arrived yesterday evening!!!! No name yet, but all sounds healthy - praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment