Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Happy Mother's Day and a Purple Shirt

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's that read from this blog. Hope your day was as splended as mine.

It started off last night when my beautiful daughter got very giggly about the present she got for me for Mother's Day. She is very good at keeping secrets...never peeped, even when I offered her a dollar. (In fact she said "how about I don't tell you AND you give me the dollar!) She was so excited, that after tucking her in bed she told me to tell Daddy that she might sleep in and not to give mommy her present until she woke up. The fact that she was about to jump out of her princess jammies with excitement was enough present for me right there.

So Sunday morning I was awaken to this very joyous four year old jumping on my bed with a hot pink bag. Inside the best homemade card saying "Happy Mother's Day" across it with a picture of our family...I absolutely melt at all her drawings. And there it was at the bottom of the bag - a beautiful purple necklace picked out by the blond bombshell herself. Love it. Love it more that my husband took the time to share a shopping experience with his daughter. Precious.

"Mommy, you are going to wear this church aren't you?" OF COURSE! How could I not wear this gift hand picked for me by the sole person that actually MADE me a mom! Oh, but wait....In the back of my head, I was thinking....purple??? With a belly full of Baby, what do I have that will fit...and is purple??? (Not to mention the weather is c.h.c.h.c.h.i.l.l.y.) Desperately digging in the closet, I was down to the last few hangers. There it was. A purple shirt. A purple shirt I wore over a year and half ago. It was fitted through the mid drift and I thought to myself, is this even worth a shot? But I had to wear that necklace, so on the purple shirt went. Holy Cow. It worked, it fit, YES! The necklace matched perfect. Perfect.

As I continue to get ready it dawns on me that this purple shirt is just that. A purple shirt I wore to church a year ago. It had been hanging in my closest unworn do to the weight I had lost. Here I am wearing it 29 weeks pregnant. Pregnant? Holy Cow. First off, it always is blessing to remember I am pregnant given the odds form the doctors. But second, how crazy is it that I can wear the normal (not maternity!) clothes that I wore just a mere year and half ago. In one way I am ashamed to have let things go back then, but on the other hand I can not be more excited that I can wear it now as a 29 week pregnant lady.
Wow...God is good, all the time.

Happy Mother's Day, my friends.....from Emma, Baby, and the lady in the purple shirt.

1 comment: