Sunday, October 25, 2009

Four Months Later....


"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:31

YEAH! The goal was officially conquered today. I complete the "Race for Grace" 5K.....running the whole way! My time was exactly 34 minutes.

Not the fastest on the trail, but nothing speaks louder than my four year old daughter who yelled (with arms in the air) as I crossed the finish line,"Mom, you did it, YOU WON, YOU WON!!!!"



It was so cold! Race started at 9:00 and still frost on the ground! I could see my breath as I got going....but what a great way to start the day, right?! Bummed the IPod battery died right as the race started though...music has been my pace setter and a big help in motivating each step. This run was just with the sounds of nature (Scioto River was next to the running trail). Thought of my WB Girls most of the way!!!


In four months I went from only being able to run 2 minutes with a lot of pain to now....running 34 minutes with no pain. And I am down 34 pounds for the year! Overall, my health has made leaps and bounds....but I'm not done yet, still more to accomplish. However I have discovered that proper nutrition and exercise is ESSENTIAL for a healthy future. I love that my daughter asks me everyday "mom, did you exercise today." Living better isn't just for me, its for my family and the ones I love, too.


After the race was completed, Adam drove us to a nearby (empty) parking lot where Emma and I changed into our church clothes in the car. After fanning the sweat off my face I was able to slap on a little makeup and spray on some "smell-goods" ahhhhhh....
nothing like getting all fixed up. wink wink!
Here we are arriving to church in my new Race for Grace shirt.
Feeling like a winner,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment