Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Super Saver....

So we are a "momma don't cook after church on Sunday" family, and always hit a restaurant after service. We have lately found a good way to save some cash and help our health all in the same bucket.

For starters - order water. Soda really adds the cha-ching to the total bill and is nasty to the 'ol body anyhow. Even Emma' first pick is good 'ol H2O these days - so proud of her! But really, some places charge up to $2.50 for the drink! Between just Adam and I, that's a $5 savings!

Second - the kids meals....skip them! I have realized that portion control can be hard for me, so now we don't order a kids meal for Emma (which usually is an overpriced piece of deep fried chicken or mac'n cheese) and instead she and I split! I'm ordering a salad, or even Salmon and she is LOVING splitting with me. Again a big savings on the wallet AND I know Emma is getting something more healthy.

So there you have it - a win win for all! Dave Ramsey would be so proud. :)

And this is for funs : http://www.prevention.com/mvm/main.html
TOOO FUNNY!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that true? Robert, Jackson and I went out for Mexican tonight and ate 1 meal, with one taco a la carte extra. We were plenty full when we left and Jackson packed it away!!! (we totally ate too many chips and salsa, though. :( )

    ReplyDelete