Wednesday, September 2, 2009

x-nay on the foot surgery....God Bless my Chiropractors!

Ok, so went to Chiro today and shared with him my foot pains. He is an avid runner (currently training for the Boston Marathon), so he is really more of a physical therapist than "back cracker" for better terms. HE IS AWESOME...a out spoken Christan and a huge encourager. I just love his whole office!

Anyhow, through a intense examine, it was discovered that I tore the *#$@blah blah big fancy word**% ligament in my lower outer foot. Then some more examining and discovered it is a pretty good tear that would take several months to heal on its own. There was of course the option of foot adjustments from the chiro, but he himself said this could take up to a month to heal with that. He is aware of our 5K goal - yes he knows of the WB girls! So a month is just not good enough. He said I could opt for surgery, which would intell a pricey bill, pain meds, anaesthesia, and follow up PT work. OOORRRR, he is doing something new in his office with athletes (yes he called me an athlete!)...apparently the OH Bengals do this in their PT routines....it is Laser Therapy. It gets the relief without drugs or surgery and works quickly. So anyhow I get 7 treatments for $100 and according to the chiro doc. should be up and running after just 5 or 6 treatments! WOW - this beats the HECK out of surgery!!! I can't WAIT to be running again!!!!! (can you believe I just said that?!?!?) Had my first treatment today and heading back tomorrow for #2.

So THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS - God is Good and I am so blessed to have Dr. Moore working with me!
You gals are the BEST!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment