Monday, November 23, 2009

Couple tidbits.....

haven't put in a any tidbits lately...here are a few I found interesting today.
For starters, I TOTALLY agree with Mel that weight loss is 80% what you eat, 10% exercise and 10% genetics. As I look over my journey this couldn't ring any more true. Agree agree. With that being said here are a couple things to keep in mind on our healthy journey to come.

In a recent question to Women's Health Mag. Q&A, a person wrote in asking if you can have too many artificial sweeteners? The answer from Keriglassman, R.D., "YES". "Artificial sweeteners can actually curb your sweet tooth, and some research has shown that they may even trick your brain into craving MORE sweets! So wean yourself off sugar and sugar substitutes with naturally sweet snacks that additional dietary benefits, like fiber-filled berries or antioxidant-rich dark chocolate."

I'll add to that, don't forget artificial sweeteners contain aspartame which is very damaging to women's hormones, with in turn can affect your weight and cancer odds. Be sure to check and read your labels on EVERYTHING. Don't forget if you are a soda drinker....best thing there - kick it....don'tjust take my word on it read the article on Monday Nov. 2 blog posting....seriously read it.

Also here is a great link I found with Thanksgiving approaching: http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/your-stay-slim-holiday-survival-plan/0de77e643f803110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/weight.loss/strategies.for.success/emotional.eating?cm_mmc=Spotlight-_-11232009-_-Weight%20Loss-_-Holiday%20Overeating

Keep truckin' my friends. I have gotten word from my in-laws there is a new and upcoming challenge coming for the whole family to lose unhealthy fat and get the body working at its prime. Go Phipps' family....GO GO GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment