Wednesday, November 18, 2009

LIFE.

So did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? Anyone cry? Man, I tell you the people on that show are amazing. I have the up most respect for them. THAT is what hard work is. You can all the best trainers and cooks in the world, but NO ONE gives you the motivation/determination other than yourself. I could not be more proud of the speeches they gave last night - so many involved their family.

I can relate. It isn't on as near big scale as they, but I can relate. A year ago this month, I lost the next precious member in our family when I miscarried. It happened at home. There is a moment when you are just standing there feeling hopeless. Hopeless. Hopeless. What I had done?
On that day I looked in the mirror and saw a very unhealthy person. Overweight. I was someone who wasn't healthy enough to carry that precious life that God was giving us. What had I done? I was cheating my family. Its not just my life but its theirs too. How selfish of me to let my weight get this way and do nothing about it. It was time for change.

One year later. 34 pounds lighter, taking my BMI from obese to just barely overweight. Still have some to go. Exercising every day....no matter what. Eating fruits and veggies every meal, all day....no matter what. My waist has dropped in inches - reducing my risk for cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease. No trainers, no cooks, just me. Just me determined to make LIFE better and longer. I'm doing this for my family...for myself....for the family we could have had - I owe it to that little one.
Every time I want to give in or give up, I just think of that moment a year ago...standing in the bathroom - hopeless. I have to do this. I have a responsibility to do this. Getting healthy is not an option or something on my "to-do" list. It is my LIFE. My family's LIFE.
So go pick on someone else Satan. I am NOT letting you or your temptations take one more day away of anyone's precious life.
LIFE.
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment