Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Run. Commit and Deliver.

Wow. What a morning to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving - hoping each of you is enjoying family to the hilt!

My morning started off with a goal to finish the challenge of a four mile run. Never running that far in one continuous stretch, I wasn't sure it was doable. But what kinda thought is that? I couldn't stop! That's right 44 minutes and 8 seconds! Done. Did it. Never felt better. What an accomplishment. Love it.

Couldn't help spending those 44 minutes thinking and visualizing each of my WB Girls and their families, Ali running her turkey trot this morning, my beautiful family (Adam who was graciously tending to the turkey at home, and Emma standing on the porch yelling "GO MOMMY, YOU CAN DO IT!"). I was also thinking much of my sister-in-law and the whole Phipps' side of the family....a new weight loss challenge has been erupted this week and I am so excited to see life changing habits happen for the whole family.

Wow. so many people. So many good friends. So many lives. How could I possibly not be the happiest gal in the world?

Couldn't help but have Adam take a picture of me after the run. Wanted to find the "before" picture, there was a bit of a problem....I couldn't! For the past year I have hid from the camera...ashamed of where I had gotten. The best I could find was one from this past June. Keep in mind I had ALREADY lost 15 pounds by then! So excited to see the change. Feel the change. Live the change. Take that Satan... you can go in your corner and cry like a baby now.

Which brings me to a small reflection. Last weeks sermon was absolutely perfect. Titled "samshing Satan inthe Motuh." A clear reminder that Satan is here, feeding us lies nonstop. Our preacher didn't walk on eggshells when he spoke....he laid it all on the line. Satan is here to destroy us. And he will if we don't smack him around and let him know that God's will has more authority over any one of his lies. Man, it sure does....do i ever believe it. Oh what a six months it has been. I no longer let Satan run my health. He has taken too much away from me, but no more. No more.

As the sermon came to a close the praise band began to softly play their music in the background as the Pastor Mike gave a perfectly spoken conclusion. Heartwarming. Inspiring. Uplifting.

He finished with this sentence (and I would like to close today with it also);
"It's time to tell Satan, ' YOU CAN GO TO....
...well....HOME'."
***For the whole sermon, use this link. If anything catch at least the last ten minutes. :) http://www.vistacommunitychurch.org/sermon-audio/smashing-satan-in-the-mouth.html

1 comment:

  1. YOU ROCK! You look amazing. And I know you feel amazing.

    So proud of you. And 44 minutes? Girl, you are a runner!

    ReplyDelete