Thursday, November 5, 2009

today's run and tid bit...

brrrr again - Hank and I were up at at 'em this morning....catching a two mile run before Adam went to work. Wore my gloves for the first time this season! Well worth it though - my day is off to a great start and feeling great about myself.

Today's tidbit......
Every woman produces estrogen, but not in the same way. Adult women are prone to cancer if there is an imbalance......women who produce the "bad estrogen" are at greater risk for breast cancer. Organic brussel sprouts and kale can benefit your estrogen metabolism....tipping the delicate balance of estrogen in favor of the good form.
--Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2000 Aug;9 (8):773-9

Did everyone see the yummy recipe below in yesterday's blog on how to make kale chips??? Emma and I can down a large bowl of these in one afternoon! So good, and GOOD FOR YOU!
turning green,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment