Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanks Mel!!!

Let me introduce everyone to Melanie....she is a super good friend that I taught with at UC. (for those of you that have a baby quilt - she was my teacher!) Melanie is an outstanding role model when it comes to eating right, exercising, maintaining a healthy body and raising a family with these values. She is awesome!

Mel and I have been emailing over the recent frustrations of my "no weight loss" plateau. Here is a copy and paste job of her responses:
Plateau: You have to get the book The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. It'll take you the extra few pounds. She has a cookbook too, but her recipes are often tasteless. Check at the library--they should have it. She says that your weight is influenced by 80% diet/nutrition, 10% exercise, 10% genetics. I believe this. I have worked out consistently since 1984 (literally) and my weight has fluctuated depending on my eating habits. She does emphasize that the 10% exercise is critical, but 10% nonetheless.

I have been "eating clean" since Aug. 1 and have lost 10 pounds. I can tell a huge difference in my body.

Here are my favorite, couldn't live without, cookbooks.

The Food You Crave, Ellie Krieger (I think you're getting her e-newsletter)
Fiber Up Slim Down Cookbook by Prevention Magazine
Fix-it and Enjoy-it Healthy Cookbook by Phyllis Pellman Good with nutritional expertise from Mayo Clinic


I think this is valuable information! Not to mention that when I went to the library today ALL the above books were already checked out!!! That's a good sign! I was sharing with Adam tonight and he agrees completely. His comment was "oh, totally agree. The Bible mentions nothing of exercise, but it does mention nutrition/diet. Exercise is something we have added to our life to compensate for bad eating habits."

Don't forget though, we are talking about weight loss here. Don't think twice that exercise isn't important or something we shouldn't do! When it comes to prevention of heart disease, cancer prevention, and all that stuff exercise takes a big role! Right? right. ;)
Anxiously awaiting on the books,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment