Thursday, July 23, 2009

Food, Inc.

Hey Girls! I think we finally got this figured out! That's an accomplishment in and of itself! Just wanted to give you a heads up on an interesting movie - especially with our trying to be more healthy...It's called "Food, Inc." It's actually a documentary type movie and it was playing in our "artsy/eclectic" theater downtown. If you can find it, though, it's worth the time - really interesting stuff all about the food we eat - where it comes from, what's in it, etc. It will gross you out, but also open your eyes. Michael and I really want to be more conscientious about what we are eating and who/what it supports...at least until we go to China, and then we'll have to just pray extra hard! Sounds like you girls are all working super hard with your diets and exercise! I've been attempting to eat better along with Michael on his diet, but I admit some days are better than others! My exercise seems to consist of running around doing wedding errands and making phone calls, which although exhausting, probably doesn't burn as many calaories as need be to get into that pretty white dress in December...Jill Billy asked about it - yes, it has been ordered and is due to come in the end of July/beginning of August! It is simple but elegant - strapless with an empire waist, gathered below the wasit/bust with slight pleating, minimally fitted just above the hips, then flowing long and soft - white chiffon, small train, simple vail with white trim, back laces up with a peasant-type look. By the way, working on our wedding website - should be ready in another week or so and then I can pass on the address to share more. Lots of Love, Heather

2 comments:

  1. I heard about that movie - I am definitly interested in seeing it. I'm starting to see connection to how my body is currently "not" working to some of the things I have ate in life. Very interesting stuff. Right now, I feel that its most important to educate myself about it for Emma's sake and health!!!!

    So glad to hear you and Michael have pledged to walk the 5K - that is so great. Give Michael a big high five from me on his weight loss - WONDERFUL NEWS! Does he have any secrets to share? wink wink ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...dress sounds pretty. Can't wait to see it and the website.

    I'll have to check out the movie.

    And, I agree. You have to congratulate Michael on his weight loss! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete