Friday, July 24, 2009

Getting over it and moving on...

So glad to see that we have this blog thing straightened out - love hearing from all of you. And Heather, may i add that was the best dress description I have ever heard! I think I can even smell it!!! Can't wait to see it in person!

Yay for all the fitness that is taking place - walking, jogging, running....sounds great!
This week has been my toughest so far. Things are just unraveling hormone/health-wise and then there has been a lot of stress evolved from the doctor office....the billing office....dah, dah, dah. Sucks. But trying hard to pull through. A couple fast food meals, a bag of potato chips and a package of cookies helped...well for about the two seconds it took to eat them each! So after reading all your posts, I decided I got to shake this fanny and beat these hormones!

Currently i have been alternating walking and running. It wears me out. I'm thinking, I'll never do this 5K thing. But this morning I decided to see what i could do in a mile. I set my mph to a "jog"....faster than my walk, but slower than my run. WHOA - I DID IT!!! I jogged a whole mile right at 15 minutes. I was TOTALLY shocked! I didn't realize I was actually building up my endurance. 15 min. is a bit long to most runners, but I was ecstatic that I had the endurance to not stop and keep going the whole mile. When I first starting thinking about this 5K thing over two months ago I could not jog for 4 minutes without stopping and passing over. This was the boost I needed. Thanks girls. I am ready to keep going.....and I'm eating good today - Emma and i hit up the farmers market yesterday....yum!
Trading french fries for Zuchinni & Apple Soup,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. a 15 minute mile for a "newby" runner w/a bad kness is freaking awesome!!!! WAY TO GO JILL!!!! you are great!!!!!!!!!! :) GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Jill. That is incredible!!!! You are inspiring me!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete