Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kick Butt Deals.

Found some kick butt deals at the grocery. I know doesn't take much to excite me, aye?!?!
In the quest to not just lose some weight, but become more healthy overall, I have begun to shop differently. I always thought shopping for "healthy" foods was more expensive. Not so much. By the time I had cut out buying the frozen pizzas, the mac 'n cheese and the chips, I have realized I had more $$ to buy apples, blueberries, etc. So that was step one.
Step two was realizing that organic produce doesn't always cost more either....one day avocados were exactly the same price....and just last week the organic apples were on sale cheaper than reg. ones.....so why not?

This week was my big kick butt purchases though. I got an organic gallon of milk (reg. $7!) for $1.50! Yea!!! Now is does expire by the end of the week, but i am all about using my freezer! And organic yogurt for 80 CENTS! It was a SIX PACK!!! Again about ready to expire, but Emma and I found out putting yogurt in the freezer is a yummy summer treat - taste like ice cream! Both of these were less money than the regular brands that have all the hormone and unnatural perservatives in them.
I found more of these steals and of course did my normal price matching and coupon games, but won't bore with all the details. Just excited....i feel like our home is getting more healthy everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment