Thursday, August 6, 2009

A new outlook and encouragement...

So I was reading last week in a Prevention Magazine (a VERY good source by the way), that "just 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week can lower your chances of cancer by over 40%."
Then just yesterday a pamphlet at the Doctor's office stated "people who exercise 30 minutes every day are 50% less likely to die of colon cancer."

wow. if that isn't enough to keep me going. Some mornings are hard to get going, but little tid-bits like this is enough to get my rear in gear. Today was some good 5K training for me on the treadmill....not every day allows for that, but I have found ways to get the 30 minutes in....be it chasing Emma at the park or walking the dog. How are you girls doing? I'm encouraging everyone to see if they can go the next five days and get in 30 minutes of activity each day....are you up for it?!?!?! YES!!! :) PHIL 4:13!!!!!!
your 30 minute gal, Jill

ps - found this DVD at Target and it is wonderful. "10 Minute Solutions Pilates Perfect Body" It is great if you just have a few minutes at home to get in what you want and where you want. I got it mainly for my arms (running doesn't do too much toning there!). 10 minutes and I was feeling the burn! Love it that it is short and to the point. Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment