Monday, August 17, 2009

New outlook on Organic...

....YOU CAN GET THEM CHEAPER OR SAME AS REGULAR GROCERIES!!!!!! :)

I was so pumped today to have found some really good bargins at my favorite Kroger. They are running some items on sale, then on top of that if you buy 10 you get $5.00 cash back. On top of that I had tore off the coupons on the outside of the boxes to get an even better deal! I walked away with 12 boxes of organic breakfast bars, 5 organic cereals, two packs of organic yogurt, and organic tortilla chips (to go with my fresh salsa!) all cheaper than the Kroger brand of those items! The cereal was regular price $5.99 and in the end i got it for $1.49!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! All in all in total, I saved $78 just in coupons and store discounts.

.....and there was a BUNCH of organic chicken on clearence for $1.89 a pound!!! Regular over 6 bucks! It had a sell by date of tomorrow, but I stocked up and went home to utilize my freezer! $1.89 was the same per ounce as the nasty stuff put in the economical Kroger brand bags of chicken breast "with rib meat"....gross crap full of hormones.

I have been reading a book called "Shop, Spend, and Save" written by a Christian author. She teaches how to grocery shop well beneath your means, but walk away with more than you ever have. Very interesting.

There is a phrase I like to keep myself reminded of..... "It isn't how much money you have, but what you do with your money." So true. All for getting the bang for the buck.

Seriously, Organic was wayyyyyy cheaper for me today than the generic regular brands. A double bonus on the pocket book and my families health. So cool.
Yum cha-ching yum, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment